Tuesday, July 30, 2013

The Cause of Idiotic Actions

This one might make just a tad more sense to those who have either read The Hobbit and LOTR, or have seen the movies. My fascination with Smeagol aka Gollum once made friends with my ability to create twisted metaphorical imagery. This, was the result. 
Non - Geek Psychologists: Gollum is this regressed, primal creature; very ID controlled. He has an alter ego (Smeagol)that is particularly Super-ego controlled; but that's a whole different story. 
Non-Geek, Non - Psychologists: Imagine a creature that is only concerned with satisfying it's immediate desires; unconcerned with consequences for self or others. 



Selfish little impulses
Like so many giggling gollums;
Creeping, biting,
Reminding, taunting -
Of promises broken,
Of feelings wounded,
Of words unheard,
Of hands let go....!

Living in the dark depths
Of my unconscious mind,
Surfacing, shreaking;
Leaving havoc behind.
In a split second's rising
They shatter notions.
They counteract choices,
And destroy decisions.

Before I can see them,
They're long gone;
Leaving me paddling
In a hell-like storm.
And as I try and make sense
Of the wreckage they cause,
I can but wish
For my world as it was!



1 comment:

Reema Sathe said...

An awesome blog and that's why i have decided to present you a Liebster award http://wp.me/p3cmY8-8s :) Good luck!